Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dream about afterlife


I think a lot while I sleep and it falls into my dreams... The other day, it was seriously disturbing... Me and my husband were beating random people in an attempt to find out who wanted to kill me. I don't know what it means, especially because there is so much more that I can't remember, but I was at least glad that me and my husband were on the same team. That part is a good sign.

This is not the dream I wanted to post about though. This one is related to my past post on the hereafter. I was having a dream, or just sleepy thoughts, about the afterlife. I was trying to explain to my husband what I KNEW about the afterlife. In reality, I don't know anything, I just have thoughts on what I feel it could be, but in that dream, I KNEW and I was trying to put it into words. I will describe what it was as well as I can.

It was not heaven and hell in separate places. Everyone was in the same "place". The heaven and hell part of it was how the people there (or their souls, since there was nothing physical in this world) felt. People who were at the highest level of heaven had feelings of complete delight, satisfaction, ecstacy, happiness, etc. at all times. People who were in the "hell state" were tormented psychologically. Feelings of depression, dissatisfaction, desperation, etc. And there were infinite levels based on the calculation of your deeds. Everyone can be with their loved ones, wherever they end up on the heaven to hell spectrum.

I'm sure everyone who believes in heaven and hell believe that we will be judged in a completely fair way and will end up where we deserve. But it's hard to imagine that we will when there are just two options. Someone who was always a good person in all ways gets the same heaven as someone who was "borderline". And someone who was borderline on the other side, so similar to the previous borderline, gets an eternal punishment, same as the mass murderer who wrote best-seller satan worshipping books.

So that's it for now!

3 Comentários:

أم ترافيس said...

I think it would be helpful to read more on this topic actually, as my understanding is that there are degrees of punishment and degrees of reward. And a Muslim, he may first be punished in the hellfire, and then enter Jannah (for example).. even in Jannah, it is not a place where everyones reward is the same. There is a hadith, that the last Muslim to exit the fire and enter Paradise, his reward will be like the biggest Castle here on Earth - which means that for those who dedicate their lives to Allah and Islam, their rewards will be much greater. Anyhow, I will look for more info inshaa Allah, but Allah is fair, just and wise, so whenever you have a question, simply look into it, and there is a perfect explanation alhumdullah. Right now I have exams, but I will try to keep my eye out for the info for you. And perhaps some other sister reading this could help as well.

Candice said...

Thanks. My husband has told me something like that about Mulsims before. He has a friend who drinks, sleeps around (a lot) and other things. And I was really offended because he was basically saying that I could rot in hell eternally for not being a Muslim even if I try my best to be a good person, etc. and that his friend would (likely) just be there temporarily.
In my mind, he is Muslim by name in this world, but how Muslim will he be considered by God (if he continues like this)? It's definitely more complicated than we can comprehend, but the best thing we can do is try to understand.

أم ترافيس said...

Yes, and remember only Allah knows best -- we dont know what is in this man's heart... for example, maybe he is a hypocrite, and thus he may not enter Jannah. Or, he may have a sickness to which Allah bestows His mercy.

Likewise, there is hadith about a prostitute (not a Muslim) who received Allah's mercy because she gave water to a thirsty dog. In the end, we know the "basics" about the hereafter but Allah is the one who decides based on what only He can see in the heart.

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO