Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

It's the new year already! We're in 2009! :) I was able to spend yesterday night with my family. Parents, brother, daughter, husband, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. and it was a lot of fun. I really love my family and it's too bad we only gather up like this once a year. Of course there's about half of them I see more often than just on this day, but still not as much as I like. I don't make New Year's Resolutions, but this year I do feel like I have something specific I want to accomplish. So I'll make some.
1) make more active efforts to be a better person. following my inner good more closely.
2) seeing my cousins and friends more often
I actually did see my family more often this year than I normally do... Sadly aunt died in a car accident in March so I saw them at the funeral for those 2 days. I wish we never had to though... It was sad that her side of the family (she is my husband's wife, really) had not met up altogether in soooo many years and it took this occaision to see them all together. Back to my family though, one of my uncles got married in 2008 so we were all there for that this summer. Maybe that's why I'm realizing that I want to see them more often.
I've always had a hard time with meeting new people and meeting up with people I already know. I just always feel like I don't have a good enough excuse. I only have one friend I see often (average weekly) and 2 friends that I meet up with regularly without any special reason. It's just not convenient to see these 2 friends often because of our lifestyles and where we each reside. Other than that I have a group of friends I meet up with on our birthdays and on the National holidays (Canadian and Quebecker ones). And a cousin I see because she does my hair and her daughter is my God-daughter... I am glad to say I met up with one of my other cousins once this year without any real reason! I will do that again, God willing, this year.

;) Peace.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO