Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wanted to share this thought

From article: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/07/magazine/07wwln-essay-t.html?_r=3&emc=eta1

Not sure what to think about Abdulkarim Soroush and his idea that the Qur'an was just inspired but not authored by God... I don't fully like that thought, actually. But I will read up on it when I can. But what the author of the article wrote about Abdulkarim Sorouch, "He seeks freedom of religion, not freedom from religion." Now that is a statement I can say I fully accept. And people have a hard time seeing the difference sometimes, as hard as it is to believe. I will write about that in a seperate post, just because I want people to see this statement stand alone.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Exploring Life and Islam © 2008. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO